What is the philosophy behind map+em?
What can map+em do / features?
- Provides a free interactive medical text (map+em – guides by us)
- All the information can be customised to your hospital
Do I need WiFi/internet to use this?
- No. (But yes for the first few seconds of ever using it)
How can this be updated in real time?
- Yes. When your app receives wifi / 3g / 4g connection it will update – just click the ‘sync’ button in the fly out menu
Will this work on all phones?
- Android / iOS (iPhone)
How secure is map+em?
- Very. Information is stored on an encrypted, Amazon based EC2 cloud server that is compliant with standards set out in the 1998 Data Protection Act.
- We do not store patient data.
How much does map+em cost?
- Downloading and using the app is completely free.
- Please ask your hospital to contact us for a trial if they’re interested in using our licence.
How can I convince my hospital to purchase map+em?
- email us your interest!
- Additionally you can contact your local patient safety officer, speak to your consultant or relevant hospital administrator and advocate the app for your hospital
Is map+em up to date?
- Healthcare authorities subscribed to the map+em service are required to ensure that any data they supply is up to date and correct.
How can map+em benefit me?
- Safer by giving you near immediate point of care guidance on local hospital policy and contact numbers.
- More efficient by making that data almost instantaneously available on-demand online or offline.
- Better able to integrate quickly within a local healthcare team and more fluid as a healthcare worker and clinician.
- Protected by ensuring that you can access appropriate, up to date local guidance when necessary.
If you are a healthcare authority map+em could:
- Save your employee’s time; making your organisation more efficient and cost effective.
- Reduce the cost and likelihood of litigation by ensuring your employee’s have easier access to local policies and therefore practice safer.
- Reduce the burden on your IT support staff and switchboards.
- Decrease the time and cost needed to induct new employee’s.
- Improve compliance with local hospital policies.
How can I get involved with map+em?
- Go to ‘contact us’